Budweiser Neon Bar Signs

What better way to celebrate Budweisers's iconic brand of great lager than through commercial advertisements via neon bar signs? Budweiser bar signs are among my favorite. I've never seen any too over the top and plenty that are especially classy. As far as I've seen Bud just doesn't lend their brand to anything too cheesy. The company can't afford to have their solid reputation tarnished and they're marketing experts and lawyers won't allow it. Among the classier Budweiser bar signs I've seen are the classic bow tie designs and the signs where the word "Budweiser" is in cursive printing on the neon tube. I especially like when they incorporate NFL, MLB, NBA, and other sports into their signage and they unselfishly center the sign's focus on the sports brand, writing their logo underneath in smaller neon print.

The sports themes and athletic teams are not boring either. A skiier flying down the slopes, a sailing ship, sports teams' championships, Dale Jr racing, NBA game time of a basketball player shooting, quarterbacks throwing a pass, baseball players taking a swing, L.A. Lakers logo, Pittsburgh Steelers, 49ers, that awesome NJ Devils logo (which looks killer on a neon sign), you name it. Virtually any team or sport has a great glowing sign in bars across the world with the Budweiser logo underneath it, which is great marketing in local bars and pubs. I'm not even sure it's legal to own a bar in Boston without affixing some kind of Red Sox signage on the walls or ceilings.

Another great thing I love about Budweiser, Bud, and Bud Light neon signs are that they even make signs for states. How great is it for a Texan oilman to walk into a bar after work and see one of America's greatest brands printed underneath a glowing single star Texas flag? I get a kick out of the Nebraska running pheasant state neon bar sign and while I'm not a huge fan of San Fransisco as a city since they don't appreciate the Marines and armed forces as much as they should, it's undeniable that their city has many beautiful attractions and their neon signs reflect it, the Golden Gate Bridge Budweiser sign an example (hey Bud, how about an "Alcatraz" neon bar sign? that would be cool!) I've seen a Washington state Budweiser neon sign that had a simple nature theme and I like that. I also saw a great Florida Gators sign where the croc is hiding among some weeds though I guess that's technically sports. I've seen deer and Alaskan polar bears and I've also seen a National Park on a Bud neon bar sign! It just goes to show that Budweiser is not just trying to be a plain old drink brand. They're becoming a part of your life by integrating things that you love with them. I'm not a marketing expert but it's ingenius in my opinion. If a cowgirl's not that into sports but she see's a Budweiser Cowboy neon sign, in my mind she'll be more receptive to ordering a Bud next time.

Bud also has just great commercial and random neon bar signs. Some are just of animals or cars and many are just very simple, like a single bottle. I love the lizard and frog ones, harkening back to that infamous bud weis eeeer commercial. I just ran into a "Pioneers in black history" sign as well. Some signs are just plain hat cowboy themes. Some are lifeguard themes, palm trees, bikinis, you name it really. All right, I've gone on long enough about Budweiser neon bar signs. Until next time.

No comments: